About Future Radio
''Radio that does different!''
Future Radio is the community radio station for Norwich. Future radio is part of Future Projects and was one of the first community stations in the country to be awarded a five year full time community broadcast license in 2005.
Future Radio offers volunteers the unique opportunity to develop new skills by getting involved in radio presentation and production.
After a number of short-term trial licenses, Future Radio began broadcasting on a full time basis in August 2007. Community radio licenses are intended for social gain and community empowerment.
Mission: To provide a diverse, accessible, and engaging community radio service which educates and supports the local and wider community, provides high quality output and promotes community development and cohesion.
Vision: Our vision is that of a community which has equality of opportunity and the education, skills and confidence to overcome its social or economic disadvantages and contribute fully to society.
1. Provide the community with the skills, knowledge and confidence to overcome any disadvantages and to make positive life choices
2. To engage the community and communities of interest in our activities, and provide them with a means to have their voice heard
3. Support the wider objectives of Future Projects
We do this by
1. Enabling and supporting diverse communities to broadcast radio programs which reflect and support their needs and interests
2. Providing opportunities for all people and communities to contribute to radio programming and output
3. Providing personal development opportunities in radio and media, which are inspiring, rewarding, and engaging
4. Providing output which is informative, educative, engaging and entertaining
5. Providing a platform for the discussion and dissemination of relevant information in order to promote social welfare