News & Events
Friday 29th May 2020:
- The May Virtual Baby Show - Throughout today and tomorrow The Parent and Baby Show will be holding their May Virtual Baby Show.Their will be 80+ pregnancy, baby and toddler brands from around the Country, competitions galore, show exclusives and much more.
- Footsteps Friday on Zoom - This morning from 10am The King’s Venue is hosting Footsteps Friday, now in virtual form through Zoom. We can't physically get together but you can spend about half an hour catching up with how everyone’s doing, singing some songs and reading a story
- At Home Gig - Tonight from 7pm you can join local musician Alton Wahlberg for a night of music. Alton plays acoustic indie and folk music doing covers as well as his own compositions. This will be an extra special lockdown gig as he will be playing all original songs.
- Yoga for Better Sleep - Tonight from 8pm you can join Live Life Yoga with Ivana for Yoga for Better Sleep. This class is for all with the anxious minds and for those who are waking up not rested enough. Welcome yourself into a gentle, feel-good breath led practice. The 45 minute class will cost £5.
The Garage Lockdown Lounge: Lewis Buxton - Tonight from 9pm The Garage is holding lockdown lounge, a season of free online performances airing on Facebook on Friday and Saturday nights. Tonight features local poet, performer and arts producer Lewis Buxton. Join him for a poetry gig like no other; with poems about football and sharks, Michael Jordan and hermit crabs.
We’ve got a few weekly events for you to sink your teeth into today, or if you can’t this week don’t worry there’s always next week! You can head to our website to find all the relevant links for the following events:
- The Scarecrow Trail Ongoing
- Storytime with Norfolk Libraries 16:30 - 16:45
- Tetris 99 Party 18:00 - 19:30
Saturday 30th May 2020:
- Secret Sessions - Starting Saturday at 6:00pm Gonzo’s Tea Room will be holding weekend Secret Sessions. They are starting with four weekly shows featuring numerous established regional guests who've helped keep Norwich the vibrant entertainment hub that it has become.
- Charity Live Stream - Saturday from 8pm The Rusty Nail Bar and Grill will be holding a live stream in order to raise money for the live music venues in the UK. Five awesome musicians will be playing for the cause. The event stream will be free, but they are encouraging you to donate to the Music Venue Trust if you enjoy the evening.
Sunday 31st May 2020:
- Online Silent Meditation - Tomorrow from 10am to 12pm The Norwich Buddhist Centre will be holding an online silent meditation session. This morning of meditation and reflection is designed to help you to relax into your awareness. Tickets are £12 or £10 concessions.
- Online Self Care Workshop - Tomorrow night from 7:30pm Alex Howarth Yoga will be hosting an Online Self Care Workshop. We all know that we need to be practicing more self care. What a lot of us don't know is why we need it, how to implement it, or how to know when we need it most. This workshop will cover all these points and more, allowing you to avoid that nasty run down feeling. Tickets are £8 each.