- Role Status: Volunteer
- Time Commitment: At times when required
- Location: Future Radio, 14 Woodcock Road, Norwich + different locations when requested
- Reporting to: Station Manager/Business Development Manager/Advertising & Sales Coordinator
- Start date: As soon as practicable
- Representing and promoting Future Radio throughout Norwich
- Lead or assist with street marketing
- Attend local events in the city including key events such as Pride, Lord Mayor’s Celebration and the Norfolk & Norwich Festival
- Handing out promotional material to the public
- Engaging the public and local organisations to promote a positive image of Future Radio and Future Projects
- Promoting the services Future Radio offers
Previous events experience would be great, but it’s not essential as full training will be given.
You’ll like having fun, be proactive, organised, be able to work independently and within a team. You’ll also need excellent people skills, communication skills, a can-do attitude, and be a positive champion for Future Radio at all times.
Future Radio is part of Future Projects, a charity whose mission is to unlock the potential of communities experiencing hardship and deprivation by delivering high quality services and support which enables lasting change.
Alongside the radio station, Future Projects delivers that mission through Future Support and Future Education.
Future Support is a collection of specialist support services helping those most in need, in areas such as housing and homelessness, welfare entitlements, family support, debt and money advice, health and wellbeing, employability support, loneliness and isolation, and any other challenges being faced by vulnerable people in our communities.
Future Education is a specialist independent school which engages children with complex needs and nurtures them to become successful adults through an academic and therapeutic curriculum.
Future Radio is Norwich’s community radio station, broadcasting 24 hours a day online, via D.A.B. and FM to a potential audience of around 381,000 people across the greater Norwich area. The station is staffed by approx. 70 volunteers and acts as a platform for local communities, promoting talent, supporting businesses and offering training and career development opportunities. Our ambition is to create radio that everyone who considers themselves a resident of Norwich, enjoys listening to, no matter where in the world they are!
You can find out more about Future Projects here.
You will be vital to promoting the work Future Radio does and securing Future Radio’s place as the city’s local radio station. Plus you will be part of a fantastic team at an exciting time for the station!
Working at Future Radio offers tremendous opportunities, valuable work experience, the chance to develop new and existing skills & to build confidence. Plus you’ll get to meet interesting and enthusiastic people with a passion for music, broadcasting & getting involved in their community.
Previous volunteers have gone on to develop careers in music, media, education & training, business, and the voluntary and community sector.
Alternatively you can download an application form here and email it to our Station Manager, Dean Tucker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.