- Role Status: Volunteer
- Time Commitment: Minimum 5 hours per week
- Location: Future Radio, 14 Woodcock Road, Norwich
- Reporting to: Station Manager
- Start Date: As soon as practicable
The volunteer will:
- Regularly post on Future Radio’s social media channels on Facebook, Instagram and X (formerly known as Twitter)
- Monitor social media posts and ensure that messages are responded to
- Assist Volunteer Producers and Presenters with setting up social media pages for their shows
- Evolve Future Radio’s social media presence and look into other outlets including Tik Tok and Threads
- Be familiar with and review Future Radio’s Social Media Guidelines
- Gather data on our social media posts to see what is and isn’t working well
- Keep our website up to date with news posts such as the latest local news and updates from Future Radio and from our parent charity
- Help to create graphical images such as show logos and adverts Future Radio places in the Norwich Evening News
Don’t worry, full training will be given!
If you have previous social media and website content experience, that would be great, but it’s not essential as full training will be given.
You’ll be proactive, organised and able to work independently under a given remit. You’ll also need excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, and be a positive champion for Future Radio at all times.
You’ll need to be ready, willing and able to give the time, care and attention that the role requires over an extended period.
We’ll be looking for:
- A real willingness to learn
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Ability to generate original ideas
- Good team working skills
- Good communication
- The ability to take the initiative and make quick decisions under pressure
Future Radio is part of Future Projects, a charity whose mission is to unlock the potential of communities experiencing hardship and deprivation by delivering high quality services and support which enables lasting change.
Alongside the radio station, Future Projects delivers that mission through Future Support and Future Education.
Future Support is a collection of specialist support services helping those most in need, in areas such as housing and homelessness, welfare entitlements, family support, debt and money advice, health and wellbeing, employability support, loneliness and isolation, and any other challenges being faced by vulnerable people in our communities.
Future Education is a specialist independent school which engages children with complex needs and nurtures them to become successful adults through an academic and therapeutic curriculum.
Future Radio is Norwich’s community radio station, broadcasting 24 hours a day online, via D.A.B. and FM to a potential audience of around 381,000 people across the greater Norwich area. The station is staffed by approx. 70 volunteers and acts as a platform for local communities, promoting talent, supporting businesses and offering training and career development opportunities. Our ambition is to create radio that everyone who considers themselves a resident of Norwich, enjoys listening to, no matter where in the world they are!
You can find out more about Future Projects here.
Future Radio is operated by volunteers; presenting and producing shows, researching and creating content, supporting the office, keeping our website up to date, coordinating our social media & whatever else is needed to keep a community radio station running!
We don’t have a typical volunteer. Every person who volunteers for us does have one thing in common though – they’re absolutely vital to our work.
Volunteering at Future Radio offers tremendous opportunities, valuable work experience, the chance to develop new and existing skills & to build confidence. Plus you’ll get to meet interesting and enthusiastic people with a passion for music, broadcasting & getting involved in their community.
Previous volunteers have gone on to develop careers in music, media, education & training, business, and the voluntary and community sector.
Alternatively you can download an application form here and email it to our Station Manager, Dean Tucker, at email@example.com.